
I spoke with the nurse this morning and she said that Annabelle had a great night - she slept and slept and ate and ate and ate and slept some more.The nurse thought they would remove the last two tubes today which are only carrying saline at this point. She also said she thought Annie would be going home in "a couple of days".
The nurse asked about the wife and wanted to know if she had gotten any sleep last night. The nurses have really ganged up on her - passing the word from shift to shift that mommy needs to rest. Their concern was that Holly would run herself down to the point of getting sick and then wouldn't be able to enter the NICU at all.
It seems to have worked as the wife stayed home this morning to sleep in and plans on running some errands before heading to the hospital.
I can't wait to get back to the NICU at lunch and then after work to see what progress has been made.
Its like Christmas three times a day!
4 comments:
I'm happy to hear Holly is obliging!! And I love seeing all these pics of sweet Annabelle!!
Take care of yourself Mama. Your going to need your strength to keep up with little Bella.
Matt and Holly - these posts bring me to tears everytime. I am so, so, so thrilled for you three and this precious, precious time! Happy Holidays!! :)
The Griswolds are AMPED. I know, no one says amped anymore, but bear with me, I'm a child of the eighties. Since I am a veteran parent of Baby Jo (3 1/2 months) I can tell you it is just going to get better. I am reading this every day and crying in front of the computer because I understand the pure joy of having a child. Go Annabelle! Go Lindens! We won't stop praying and God will keep providing and performing mini miracles every day.
Post a Comment