Friday, August 8, 2008

Annabelle updates

Matt returned to the hospital last night after a quick shower at home. He learned that the nurses wouldn't let Holly go down to see Annabelle until she had eaten something. Unfortunately she couldn't eat until 12 hours after her surgery. Matt fell asleep around midnight, but Holly lay awake watching the clock. She called the nurse in at 1:30 in the morning, had six Saltine crackers and said "Let's Go!". She was able to see Annabelle and hold her for an hour last night.

Matt went down this morning and was able to hold little Annabelle for about 45 minutes. The surgery has been bumped back a half hour at this point to 10:00. They will give them a call 30 minutes ahead of time, so if there are any further delays I will pass along what I know. Matt is wearing the 'Go Annabelle' shirt this morning.

In the meantime, here are some more pictures of Annabelle that Matt sent over this morning. Notice the prayer quilt underneath Annabelle.










Please continue your prayers for not only Annabelle, but for Matt and Holly too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is sooooooo beautiful! I wish I wasn't so sick and could have come to visit last night.

Blondiensc said...

Congratulations, I am just new to your blog, through Ashley's website and felt I needed to write as she is absolutely gorgeous. The feeling of a precious baby is just unbelievable. Take every moment with grace and rememberance. I will keep you and your little pink sunshine in my thoughts. God holds his children tight, feel his love!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I will continue to pray for you all and will be checking back throughout the day (again) to see how you all are doing.

GO ANNABELLE!!!!!!!!!! :D

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh she is SO cute! Her feet remind me of Emily's when she was a baby. Oh she is just so sweet! We're praying for you during this surgery sweet girl! I told Emily that Annabelle was having back surgery today and we needed to pray for her. Emily had back surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago so she knows how it feels. We're praying for good pain management. Tell the nurses if you think she is in pain.

Michelle & Emily in Buckley

Rutschow said...

Newborn babies take my breath away.
Sigh... Would love to hug you guys right now.