Saturday, August 9, 2008

Annabelle

Annabelle went into her surgery a few minutes after 8:00 this morning. She had a pretty good night all things considered. As you can see in the pictures below, they kept her on the respirator all night. Annabelle had to be sedated, otherwise her body's natural reaction would be to try to breathe on her own and get the tube out.

When Matt and Holly stopped by last night, Annabelle started to open her eyes and try to breathe. The nurses gave her some more sedative to put her out again. They later said that she calmed right down after Matt and Holly left. It seems Annabelle already recognizes her parents voice. That and she is a strong little girl and wants to do it "Myself!".

Here are some pictures Matt sent over this morning. The surgery should last until sometime around 10:00.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to love a child you don't even "know"? :) I just looove Annabelle. She is such a strong little girl (not to mention cute as heck!) and I am SO proud of her and how well she's doing :)

Oh and Holly looks amazing (even through all of this!).

P.S - Look at those teeny tiny piggies :) Adorable :)

Anonymous said...

We here at Enumclaw Nazarene would like Matt, Holly, Annabelle and our Pastor Doug & Diane to know that you are in are prayers, hearts and minds. We are enjoying all of the pictures and updates. We can tell that Annabelle is a real fighter and we praise the Lord for the miracle God is accomplishing in her life. Your pictures will be on our Power Point in the morning!

Anonymous said...

sweet baby girl!!! I hope to get over this darn cold by Tuesday and then Kristin and I will hopefully be out for a visit..I can't wait to meet little annabelle..