Friday, August 15, 2008

Had to Share

An e-mail we received today:

God led me to read this passage in Exodus yesterday:

“Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

I read that and was immediately filled with a great sense of awe, joy, and peace. I too have seen the glory of God. He graciously allowed me to be a witness to his almighty goodness as it passed through Mary Birch Hospital for Women on August 7, 2008. And I am forever changed.

There have been several times over the past couple of months that Holly and I have prayed together, through very bitter tears, as we cried out to God, “Why won’t you show your face?!?!?!” Now I can’t help but wonder if perhaps I was praying for the wrong thing. I think in future life trials I have learned trust by faith that God is there and to cry out to Him, “Show me your glory.”

Just a couple of weeks ago I learned in my bible study that the word “glory” in Greek can mean “the luster of the radiance of something: that which displays it.” The author noted, “For example, you don’t see the sun; you see the glory (radiance, outshining) of the sun. The purpose of human beings is to display the life of the Father – to be His ‘glory’.” (Live a Praying Life; by Jenifer Kennedy Dean)

The Glory of God has been present all along these past months through COUNTLESS people (young and old, near and far, friends and strangers, people of all different faiths or none at all). But I think there were times of deep pain and sadness when I looked for the wrong thing. I looked for his face, and missed His glory all around.

God has proclaimed His name to everyone who loves Annabelle and her parents, to the hospital staff, and to the many countless blog readers who have found comfort and hope in Annie’s story. God is both the creator and healer of Annie, not medicine. That’s what makes her a miracle. God’s glory is radiating from the life of a precious baby resting in bed 52 in the NICU at Mary Birch. Just as Moses face was radiant as he came down Mount Sinai and away from the physical presence of God, my face and heart are radiant as well every time I leave her bedside.

To God be the glory, Forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! God is truly awesome and He wants us all to reflect His glory... 2 Corinthians 3:18 and as was said His glory is all around us ... in the care, the miracles, the beauty of creation, the way the body works by way of DNA directions, which we only know are there and can't really see with our eyes... God is soooo BIG!

1stteacher said...

Be still and know that I am GOD!

We are praising God for little Annabelle and also that the Lindens are blessed with such wonderful friends to uphold them. May God be forever praised.
Nancy