Friday, August 8, 2008

Annabelle updates

I just spoke to Matt. They walked Annabelle over to Children's Hospital a bit ago. Matt described it as being a 1/4 mile walk through various hallways and even a tunnel. Annabelle rode along in her own little incubator-like bubble. As Children's is a separate Hospital, there was more paperwork, etc as Annabelle was handed off to the surgery team.

The team of doctors were hanging out in a waiting room for Matt to arrive. Individually they introduced themselves to Matt, explained their role in the surgery, and asked him if he had any questions. It all seemed very top-notch and professional.

Annabelle went through a half hour of preparation including having various IV lines hooked up and going under anesthesia. The surgery is likely beginning right now (10:45am) and should take about five hours to complete. There is a phone that Matt can call into the operating room to check in and find out what is going on. He obviously doesn't want to bother them too often, but will probably check in every hour and a half or so.

Holly will remain at Mary Birch and is doing well recovering from surgery. Matt said he may head back to visit her at some point during the surgery, but that he is generally supposed to be on hand at Children's for updates, etc. I'm not sure if he will have any information to pass along in the meantime, but he expects Annabelle out of surgery sometime around 4:00.

Go Annabelle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When logging on for an update my 2 1/2 year old saw Annabelle's picture and said, "That's a baby!" I said "Yes. Let's say a prayer." He repeated after me and we said a prayer for Annabelle together. His words were the clearest and sweetest words I have ever heard him speak.

Anonymous said...

you don't know me, I'm a photographer from Australia and have heard your story from Ashley's blog. I'm following your updates and wanted to wish you and Annabelle all the very best. I have been thinking of you and will continue to do so.
She is absolutely beautiful!
Best wishes xx
Gemma