Thank goodness it is Friday. I woke up this morning and felt like - well . . . it wasn't good. I am running on fumes at this point and looking forward to getting some nap time tomorrow (have to make that 6am daily check-in).
I got up this morning, dragged myself into some casual-Friday-wear and headed to the hospital.
Annie just keeps looking better and better. I got to hold her and feed her and when she was all done we had our first play date! She was awake and alert and I just held her and we chatted the morning away.
She told me that mom gave her a sponge bath last night and that it was fun! Annabelle also said that nurse Emma took great care of her last night and that she was looking forward to nurse Amy coming back today.
I told Bella that after 7 days of laying on her stomach her noggin was starting to look funny - sort of flat on both sides - and that we needed to figure out a way to get her sleeping on her back so her head will round out.
Annie Lu replied that she was drop-dead-gorgeous-just-the-way-she-is-and-that-everyone-knows-it-and-besides-round-is-not-the-same-as-smart-and-if-anyone-wants-to-disagree-she-would-be-glad-to-give-them-a-perfectly-round-knuckle-sandwich.
I said she had a good point but that violence was not the answer . . . .
The physical therapist is coming by at 11:30 today so I plan on running back to the NICU to meet up with her.
Yesterday, the PT put Annie through the paces with some exercises and I was told that sweet-pea was not pleased with it at all. Which sort of makes me glad - if she can feel discomfort in her ankles it means that there is some neuro-action going on down there.
Still no definitive word on when she might come home "2-days" seems to be the current status.
Grandpa put together her bassinet yesterday so at least we have a place for her to land when she does come home! (which reminds me, I need to survey the folks and find out what they all want to be called - grandpa, papa, hey old guy . . .etc) ;-)
Thank you for your continued prayers and support!
GO ANNABELLE!
2 comments:
Please tell Bella Lu that as kids we called her Grandpa Doug.....Elmer Fudd! It will make her giggle! Auntie Joye
My husband Colin is just Colin to some of the grandkids, Sporty Grandpa to others. Likewise I'm Sarah to some, and LeeLou to a few. Our own kids have always vascillated between calling us Sarah and Colin, and mummy and datty, sort of depends on what they are addressing us for!
I wish your family the BEST.
sarah (no, you don't know me!)
Post a Comment