Monday, August 18, 2008

Discharge Update

So I just got back from my lunch break at the hospital. The nurse said she is 80% sure we will be discharging today.

While I was there, a discharge nurse called the bedside to speak with me and she started rattling off info:

- Catheter supplies are being shipped to our house

- 8/20 - Dr appt with Urology

- 8/21 - Dr. appt with Plastic Surgery

- 8/25 - Dr appt with Neurology

- 9/4 - Dr appt with Orthopedics

- Near future - Two home visits from different nurses

- TBD - Dr. appt with Spina Bifida Clinic

- TBD - Dr appt with Pediatrician

She assured me she would provide all this info and more in writing in a discharge packet (which I will add to the growing stack of urgently-needed-to-be-read packets I have received over the past 11 days).

So that is the status.

After my visit with Annabelly, the wife and I sat in the waiting room and watched a video on infant CPR that the nurses wanted us to watch. I am now back at the office trying to busy myself and hoping for THE CALL.

BTW today is the day we were originally scheduled for the C-section.

There is a certain poetry there . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another wonderful piece of the puzzle and sheer poetry is.....this was Aunt B's birthday! Wouldn't you just know she is watching and smiling down on us! Smooooooooooooooch! Auntie Joye