A couple of weeks back, the wife woke me in the middle of the night in a panic.
"I can't feel the baby move" she said.
We still had two days until our next ultrasound appointment.
I posted a request that people pray for movement and less than 24 hours later - BAM! - unmistakable movement. And Annabelle hasn't stopped moving sense.
At that time a friend of a friend forwarded a link to Stork Radio which I seriously considered. It is a sort of microphone that you can hold to your belly and hear the baby move. You can rent them or buy them.
I talked with the wife about it and we decided against it. We were afraid that we would forget to flip a certain switch and then when we couldn't hear the baby we would FLIP OUT.
Just for kicks, I asked the doctor about it at our next appointment and he was against them. As he explained, when you get an ultrasound, the machine shoots the wavelengths at the baby only 1% of the time - cycling on and off.
The Doppler radios shoot the wavelengths 100% of the time.The doc admitted that there was no evidence that the wavelengths harmed the baby but he felt it was better to be safe than sorry.
Of course, we had already decided against it for fear of our own ineptitude.
I just thought I would mention it because it seems like a pretty cool gadget - if you are pregnant you may want to check it out or consult with your Dr.
No comments:
Post a Comment