Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Year Resolutions Revisited

This year's resolutions were posted here.

This whole Annabelle thing has had a few consequences that I didn't necessarily see coming.

1) Cell phone bill. It never occurred to me to worry about the increased minutes we would be burning up and we got smacked with a huge-o-mongus bill last month. I got it worked out so we should be fine but - man - I didn't see that one coming. No, cell phone use was not a resolution but - hoya! I just had to get that one off my chest.

2) Weight. I have mentioned before that I have a tendency to reward myself during stressful times by eating whatever I feel like. Well. The wife brought home a new pair of prescription glasses for me from her shop and I tried them on in front of the mirror. "Do you have any that will make my face look slimmer?" was my response. 201 lbs this morning. I am actually up by 8lbs for the year. Yeah . . . I should probably renew my resolution on that one.

3) Running. The last time I ventured out was March (Gee, I wonder if that has something to do with the weight? Hmmmm) My mornings have been wracked with Spina-whattia research and the house project and all manner of issues great and small. Part of the problem is also that my favorite running spot is a 20 minute drive from home. That means 40min of drive time on top of the hour of running and that ends up getting squeezed out pretty easily in the mornings. I have decided on a new running spot closer to home and it's about time to get back on course (so-to-speak) with some exercise.

4) Devotions. The Annabelle thing has caused me to spend what little time I had for reading the Bible on actually praying so I guess that one might be considered a spiritual "wash". Nevertheless, I am still serious about reading through the Bible this year so it's about time I crack the binding on that resolution as well.

Some fresh air - some exercise - hopefully shed a few pounds, turn a few pages each morning . . . I think I am getting to the point where not only do I "know" that life goes on but that it is time to finally get around to the "going-on" of it.

That and the wife is out of town for the weekend with some girl friends so I have some extra time to kill . . .

Hey, you gotta start somewhere . . . (maybe "re-start" would be more accurate)

No comments: