I had a best friend in middle school named Sarah Thayer. Her parents tried for several years to have a baby and decided to adopt. After adopting a baby girl they later found out they were pregnant.
This was long before ultrasounds and testing so they were shocked when there daughter was born with spina bifida (when the baby’s spine fails to close during the first three months of pregnancy). The Dr’s told her parents she would never walk.
After a few surgeries Sarah was later walking and doing almost everything a child would do. I didn’t even realize she was born with this condition until a few years after I met her.
I think that some Dr’s for some reason enjoy expressing the worst case scenarios and I understand that they do have to say those types of things but I am a believer that when there is a will there is a way and how dare anyone tell Annabelle what she can or can not do.
Kathi’s (at the lab) son was paralyzed a few years ago and the Dr’s said the same thing to him, “that he would never walk again” and he is already walking with a walker. We are all praying for beautiful Annabelle! Love you so much,
No comments:
Post a Comment