
3.70 mi / 1:06 min / 18 mpm
An 18 minute mile? You guessed it - we're walking. I have come to terms that I am apparently the "glass man" of running and if I don't take it very slow I will just wind up back on the injured list. So the plan is to spend the first week back walking and then build in some running little by little.
Today was the first official day at the new running spot - Chollas Lake.
Chollas is a man-made lake about a 5 minute drive from my house. From their website:
As a reservoir built in 1901, Chollas Lake helped serve early San Diego's water supply. In 1966 it was turned over to the Park and Recreation Department, and was designated a youth fishing lake (for children ages 15 and under only) in 1971.
A 16-acre lake for free youth fishing (age 15 and under ONLY); an 8/10's-of-a-mile dirt path around the lake for walking, jogging, and bicycling; picnic tables with barbecue grills; children's play equipment; a small basketball court; hiking trails; and a multi-purpose ball field in North Chollas canyon.
As the website notes, the path around the lake is 8/10 of a mile. Although I am not partial to retracing my steps when I run - I don't have the time to drive the Balboa Park anymore - not to mention the need to save $$ on gas!
It was a nice, um "run" this morning. The Dawg sure enjoyed it.
An 18 minute mile? You guessed it - we're walking. I have come to terms that I am apparently the "glass man" of running and if I don't take it very slow I will just wind up back on the injured list. So the plan is to spend the first week back walking and then build in some running little by little.
Today was the first official day at the new running spot - Chollas Lake.
Chollas is a man-made lake about a 5 minute drive from my house. From their website:
As a reservoir built in 1901, Chollas Lake helped serve early San Diego's water supply. In 1966 it was turned over to the Park and Recreation Department, and was designated a youth fishing lake (for children ages 15 and under only) in 1971.
A 16-acre lake for free youth fishing (age 15 and under ONLY); an 8/10's-of-a-mile dirt path around the lake for walking, jogging, and bicycling; picnic tables with barbecue grills; children's play equipment; a small basketball court; hiking trails; and a multi-purpose ball field in North Chollas canyon.
As the website notes, the path around the lake is 8/10 of a mile. Although I am not partial to retracing my steps when I run - I don't have the time to drive the Balboa Park anymore - not to mention the need to save $$ on gas!
It was a nice, um "run" this morning. The Dawg sure enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment