Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Pray 'Til Labor Day Challenge


“I pray because I can’t help it. I pray because I am helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time – waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God. It changes me.” - Anthony Hopkins as CS Lewis in Shadowlands

Will you dare to be changed?

Prayer is hard work. Anyone who tells you differently either has not done it or has a special gift.

Extended prayer over a period of months is harder still.

Extended prayer over a period of months for a miracle? That takes real character.

Extended prayer over a period of months for a miracle for someone you may not know all that well? That can change you.

Our due date is August 27th. Five days before the Labor Day holiday.

There isn’t much I can physically do for my daughter, Annabelle, right now but one thing I can do is try to rally people to her side in prayer.

I have put together a music CD to help remind you – prompt you – to pray.

Some of you have already received a CD - if you haven't, chances are it is because I do not have your mailing address. E-mail me at MattLinden@msn.com with your mailing address and I will get one out to you.

It is my opportunity to both encourage and thank you for praying.
And "Thank you" to those of you who have written and requested more CDs for your church groups, friends etc. One reader even photo-copied the letter and burned copies of the CD for her friends herself - Thank you! It means so much to us to know that not only are you praying but that you are encouraging others to pray as well.

Put the CD in your car – pray on your commute. If the music isn’t your thing, put the disc somewhere you will see it and it will remind you.

If you know someone who will pray, send me their name and address and I will send them a disc as well. If you have a prayer group, friends or family who will pray – let me know how many CD’s you need and I will get them to you.

It’s one of the few things I can do for my little Annie right now.

15 weeks.

Our daughter needs a miracle – our daughter needs your prayers.

The process just might change you.

Blessings,

Matt

=Lyrics to the songs are at the "Prayer Album" link to the right=

No comments: