1.65 miles / 16:13 min / 9:46 mpm
I am one of those people who can roll out of bed and head for the door in the morning. If I have to. Left to my own devices, I have a seemingly 57-step process to getting my act together in the mornings. I don't know what my problem is.
This morning, step 43 took longer than expected and we got out the door for our run late. Knowing that (even though it was only 5:30am) that I was going to be late for work, I thought of skipping the run altogether. But we went anyway.
10 min into the run the dawg was lagging. Plodding along, head down, 20 feet behind me and losing steam. He wasn't limping and when I checked his paws, everything looked fine. I decided to bag it anyway just to be on the safe side.
The wife thinks it is because of the heat (80 degrees inside the house this morning) and she may have a point judging from the way the dawg drained his water bowl when we got home.
Even so, I think I will "bench him" during Saturday's run.
Oh - and I forgot my phone so no photo of lagging dawgs today.
I hope this day gets better - tomorrow's Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment