Saturday, August 11, 2007

Airport Security

Going through airport security can be a frustrating experience. I, for one, can't stand getting half-way undressed in a big crowd of people at the airport just to go through the metal detector.

One time I actually wore flip-flops in an effort to avoid having to take off my shoes. The TSA screener stopped me and told me to take them off and put them through the x-ray. When I explained that they were only flip flops, I got pulled aside and questioned.

Well, as frustrating as it is, it can be pretty frustrating from the security personnel's viewpoint as well.

The following is an e-mail I received yesterday from a TSA security person I know (used with permission - name witheld)

"Here's a couple 'quotes of the day' from me at work:

1.Passenger: "Do I
honestly look like a Terrorist to you?
Me: "Do I honestly look like our
nations last line of defense?"

2.Me: "Ok sir I'm going to have to do
some additional screening on your bag so follow me over to this table."
Passenger: "Ok but I packed it kinda weird, I hope it doesn't explode when
you open it."

3.Me: "Sir, do mind telling me why your carrying 100 tins
of Altoids individually wrapped in baggies to Isreal?"
Passenger: "Um, I'm
only passing through Isreal for work."

4.Me: "That's not Yogurt."

5.Me: "That's not bricks of cheese"

6.Me: "Sir, can you tell me
why you have 12 live rounds of .22 caliber ammunition in your carry-on luggage?"
Passenger: "It's for my cribbige set."

7.Me: "Sir, is something the
matter?"
Passenger: "Yeh, I just don't feel comfortable that I left my dog
in that travel case on the X-RAY belt."

No comments: