
This is the main fountain in Balboa Park. It is located at the east end of the plaza and if you are running down the plaza at the right time, you can watch the sunrise behind it.
I have heard of people training for marathons on their local high school track. Round and round and round. No thanks.
I like to actually go somewhere when I am running and I try to avoid retracing my steps whenever possible. I also don't like to run near traffic and I prefer dirt trails to pavement. All this means that I have to be pretty creative at times when mapping out my route.
Lately, I have been staying off the dirt paths in an effort to give my IT band a chance to recuperate. But as I build up my mileage, it gets tougher and tougher to avoid retracing my steps through the flat paved areas of the park.
This morning I got to the end of my route and still had 5 minutes left - round and round and round I went. Like a hamster in a wheel - squeak squeak squeak.
It may be near time to hit the dirt again.
No comments:
Post a Comment