Monday, August 13, 2007

On The Run, 08/13/07

Heading out across the Laurel Street bridge.

If every run felt like my run this morning, I would

never

run

again.

Hoi. I felt fine when I got up this morning. Felt great stretching. Warm-up walk was no big deal. Then it started. I felt like I was carring twice my body weight. My legs began to fill with lead.

It felt as if I was running in ski boots - clunk clunk clunk clunk. I tried to adjust my gait but then I felt as if I was running in swim fins - slap slap slap slap. I adjusted my gait again - slap clunk slap clunk.

The sun turned the sky firey orange and all I could think about was, "I hope I don't look as bad as I feel . . . " slap clunk slap clunk.

By the end, I was in survival-shuffle mode.

The Dawg did fine, as far as I can tell.

Hey! It's Monday! With any luck, the hardest part of my day is already over!

No comments: