Sunday, August 12, 2007

On The Run, 08/11/07

Went for a run this morning. I let the Dawg off the leash at the half-way point since by then he has usually run all the "squirrelies" out.

He did just fine but it was short lived as the park was a little crowded and the sight of an 85 pound dog running free makes some people nervous.

Near the end of the run, I heard the Dawg scuff one of his paws as if he had sort of stumbled, I looked down and he was favoring his front left leg.

We stopped right away and he was all too happy to lay on the grass and let me check him out. I checked each paw twice - everything looked fine.

We walked back towards the car and I watched him closely - he seemed perfectly fine. Maybe he just did the dawgie equivalent of stubbing his toe or something.


This fountain is near where we park when we run at Balboa Park. Last week, the Dawg stopped to drink out of the fountain and proceeded to jump in and slosh around.

It has pretty much become ritual now. At the end of each run, we go by the fountain and he jumps in and gets a drink. I don't really mind as it makes him feel good and gets some of the dirt off him (especially if we have been running the dirt trails).

No comments: