I wear Nike+ shoes and run with my nano. As far as running gadgets go, the Nike / Nano partnership is the best ever. It is so sleek and simple - your music, your stats and your watch all in one place.
I didn't always have the Nike+ shoes though. When the Nike+ Nanos came out, I was running in a pair of Asics. I really wanted to try the Nike/Nano though so a couple of friends at work bought me this:
Its a case for the Nike gizmo that attaches to your shoelaces so that you don't have to buy Nike+ shoes just to use the gadget.
I ran with it for about 6 months before it was time to buy new shoes. Loving the Nike/Nano so much, I tried on a pair of the Nike+ shoes and found them to be what I was looking for.
Now, of course, the gizmo sits in the space provided under the sock liner of my left shoe and I no longer need the case on my shoelaces. But I discovered something interesting when I changed the location of the gizmo. My spilt time slowed down by a full minute.
When I had the pod attached to my shoelaces, the Nano was posting my splits as 9 minute miles.
The very next day, when I placed the pod inside my Nike+ shoes where it belongs, the Nano informed me that my splits had slowed by a full minute to 10 minutes a mile.
I am inclined to believe that the slower time is the more accurate since I am now using the gear the way it was designed to be used. Either that or the dang Nike+ shoes are slowing me down . . .
One tired dawg.
No comments:
Post a Comment