Thursday, August 9, 2007

On The Run 08/09/07

It's strange that the longest day of the year is June 21st but the hottest month of the year for San Diego is usually September.

From the end of June, to the middle of October or so, the days get progressively darker and hotter.

It's like going into some sort of steamy black tunnel.

The Dawg and I had a good yet uneventful run.



This is the east facade of the Casa del Prado building at Balboa Park.

I have always wondered about the statues and reliefs that make up the architecture of the park. I figured I would snap a photo and google the info. Not so apparantly. At least, I didn't find the info in the 2.5 minutes of time that I allotted for looking.

Funny how computers have made us so impatient. It was not that long ago that if you wanted to find out info on the statues in Balboa Park, you would have to truck on down to the library, find the card in the catalogue box, and head off into the stacks to find the book you were looking for (if it wasn't already checked out). "Sorry honey, come back in two weeks - maybe they will have returned it. Do you want to be put on the waiting list?"

Now, if we can't find something in second and a half from the comfort of our own home, we lose interest.

I haven't lost interest though - I think I will visit the park gift shop the next time I get the chance and look for one of those . . . what do you call them? Oh, yes . . . books.

No comments: