It has been almost 12 weeks since my last run. The details are here if you are interested.
I went to the doctor last week for x-rays. The doc confirmed that nothing was broken, suggested I get an MRI and gave me the most complicated ankle brace I have ever seen.
It has laces up the front, one strap that goes from right to left, down and around, a strap that goes left to right, down and around and a strap at the top that just goes around. And it totally helps.
The Doc says I can do what I want - pain permitting. So this morning - we get back after it.
My plan is to take things slowly as I am now two years, two stress fractures, two rolled ankles and two wasted race-entry-fees into what was supposed to be a six-month training for a marathon. This is beginning to take on a truly Sisyphian quality.
My plan is to start with a 5-minute walk, and add 5 minutes a day, everyday, until I am up to one hour.
Then I will be running 1 minute, walking for 4 for a week. Running for 2 minutes and walking for 3 and so on until we are back to running an hour every other day. I have no idea how long it will all take - I don't have the heart to lay it out on a calendar.
So how did it feel today?
Cold. Other than that, no big deal.
I went to the doctor last week for x-rays. The doc confirmed that nothing was broken, suggested I get an MRI and gave me the most complicated ankle brace I have ever seen.
It has laces up the front, one strap that goes from right to left, down and around, a strap that goes left to right, down and around and a strap at the top that just goes around. And it totally helps.
The Doc says I can do what I want - pain permitting. So this morning - we get back after it.
My plan is to take things slowly as I am now two years, two stress fractures, two rolled ankles and two wasted race-entry-fees into what was supposed to be a six-month training for a marathon. This is beginning to take on a truly Sisyphian quality.
My plan is to start with a 5-minute walk, and add 5 minutes a day, everyday, until I am up to one hour.
Then I will be running 1 minute, walking for 4 for a week. Running for 2 minutes and walking for 3 and so on until we are back to running an hour every other day. I have no idea how long it will all take - I don't have the heart to lay it out on a calendar.
So how did it feel today?
Cold. Other than that, no big deal.

The Gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment