Ok, seeing as how the New Year is fast approaching, this is the first installment of the Weakly Sherpa - a reading plan that will get me through the Bible in one year.
As you may know, the Bible is not really one book but a collection of 66 books. The 66 books of the Bible are not laid out chronologically cover to cover and many of them overlap giving you different viewpoints on the same time period. Some are even carbon copies of each other in places.
All this means that trying to read the Bible cover to cover from page one on through is like reading a novel where the chapters are all jumbled. You can do it but I don't think it is as enjoyable and it certainly makes it harder to follow.
For that reason, I have chosen a chronological reading plan that will take me through the books of the Bible in the order that the events occurred (as far as we can tell).
The reading plan (and others) is here but I will also be posting the plan in weakly segments on the ol' blog.
Oh, and I am using the New International Version (NIV) for no reason other than its the one I am used to.
So without further ado - here is what I (and hopefully some of you) will be reading this next week:
January 01 --- Genesis 1-3
January 02--- Genesis 4-7
January 03 --- Genesis 8-11
January 04 --- Job 1-5
January 05 --- Job 6-9
January 06 --- Job 10-13
No comments:
Post a Comment