Oh I know, you feel like it's been winter for the past month or so. But it hasn't. Today is officially the last day of Fall, 2007.
Best to throw another log on the fire, another blanket on the bed and set out the long johns for tomorrow because ol' man winter is a-commin.
Tomorrow is also the shortest day of the year in terms of sunlight so take a deep breath and hunker down - we will all get through this together.
The great a glorious news is that come Sunday (The LORD's day) the days start getting longer and it is a wonderful stairway to heavenly summer days for the next six months.
If I sound like a winter-basher, I'm not. In fact, San Diego arguably does not have a winter - we get four months of Spring (Feb-May), four months of Summer (June-Sept), four months of Fall (Oct-Jan) and then slide right back into spring again.
Its the darkness. I don't like the darkness.
Leaving home in the dark - coming home in the dark. Going for days at a stretch without seeing the backyard.
I would rather it rained, sleeted and snowed all day long if I could just have blessed light until 7pm.
So meteorlogically speaking, tomorrow is the low point for me.

Oh. And I haven't started Christmas shopping yet.
It's long johns, checkbook, car keys and a headlamp for me tomorrow. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment