Thursday, November 15, 2007

Running Joke, Part 7

The last time I went running was September 19th. Since then, I have been working 13 hour days 6 days a week. Things have started to regain equilibrium at work and I found myself going in at 6am instead of 4am yesterday. Dreams of getting back out and doing some running are starting to fill my head.

Except that I rolled my right ankle on Halloween.

That's right, stepping from the kitchen to the family room, my foot buckled under and all 200 pounds of lovable me came crashing down on my right ankle. It is still swollen. Yesterday at work it hurt so bad I had to re-wrap it and pop some pain killers.

So, it's been over 8 weeks since I have run and even if I had the time now, I couldn't.

All this as a ignominious day approaches. Once we hit December, it will be TWO YEARS that I have been "training" for a marathon. TWO YEARS to do what takes the average person 6-12 months to do. I will not bore you with the details - you can click on the "Running" category to the right for that.

Suffice it to say, it's a bummer. So what should I do? Quit? After I have COME ALL THIS WAY? No siree. In the words of Van Morrision I am going to "carry on regardless".

But I must say, articles like these don't really help.

Hopefully, the Dawg and I will be back out there in a week or two . . .

Bring it.

No comments: