Saturday, December 29, 2007

On The "Run" - 12/29/07

3.45 Miles / 68 min / 19:46 mpm


What do you call a runner that does a 19:46 mile? A walker.

That's right. It has been so long since my last run and I am seemingly so prone to injuries that we decided to walk Florida canyon today.

You are supposed to leash your dawg but I never do, of course, unless we are crossing the road or something.

Today, we passed by another dawg owner who's pooch was a-runnin' free. He warned us that a park ranger was "on the prowl" and handing out warnings to people with unleashed dawgs.

I harnessed the dawg as we headed into the militarized zone. About 30 seconds up the hill we ran into the MAN.

"Morning" I said.

He saw that the pooch was properly restrained, smiled and said, "Good morning".

I took the picture above just as the ranger was moving out of sight. Seconds later the dawg was runnin' free again.

Later on, we passed by an older woman with two unleashed dawgs and gave her the same warning. She was very grateful and leashed her dawgs as she went on down the trail.

So often, when I am driving on the freeway, all the traffic inexplicably slows to 55 or 60 and then I see the police cruiser who is the cause of it all. It is like there is this bubble of a 1/4 mile around him doing the speed limit and I wonder, "Do they have any idea what the real world is like?"

Of course they do. They have their own civilian cars that they drive on their own time. It must really burn some of them up to see the difference between traffic when they are on duty and traffic when they are off duty.

I wonder if the ranger we met today has a dawg . . .

Anyway, the walk went fine. My ankle started to hurt towards the end as did my right IT band.

c'est la vie

No comments: