When I was thinking of naming this thing, I wanted the name to include some of the items I would be writing about as well as have a little twist if possible. Knowing I would not be creating the sine qua non of the blogosphere, I thought it should include a little bit of self-derision as well.
So, "The Dawg Run" it is. Why? Well, I write a lot about my dawg and a lot about running. Why "d-a-w-g" instead of "d-o-g"? Because "d-o-g" was taken.
Also, a dawg run is usually a crummy place on the side of the house where you corral your dawg when you aren't home. Most dawg runs are gravel, devoid of all life other than the dawg itself and smell strongly of urine. By the way - watch where you step!
Incidentally, "Watch where you step!" was my original subtitle which I thought would nicely fit with the caliber of the content but I decided it was a little too "in your face" or should I say "on your shoe".
Why spell this all out? Only because I am truly struck by the name of another blog by a good friend of mine.
And let me also say, that I understand by offering some gentle ribbing about another person's blog, I am unleashing a Pandora's box of bad-blog-ju-ju upon myself. Fortunately for me, I can't figure out how to enable the comments section on my blog so I have little to lose . . .
It's this blog right here.
One post from December 7th? "Simply Never Give Up"?
C'mon man! Throw us a blogbone once a week at least!
This blog belongs to a friend of mine and more than anything, I am dying to read what is in this guy's head. But "Simply Never Give Up" seems to have applied to finishing the ONE-AND-ONLY posting that's there.
Or maybe I am missing it, maybe I am the one who should "Simply Never Give Up" hoping that another posting will be coming out aaaannny minute . . . . WAIT!
Still nothing.
I will persevere! I will not give up! I will keep checking and checking and . . . .
still nothing.
Man, this really is good for me. I am learning all sorts of things about myself. I am learning patience, I am learning to cling to hope, and am learning to put my faith in miracles . . . .
nothing.
SIMPLY NEVER GIVE UP!
aw crep - still nothing. Maybe he isn't awake yet . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment