Monday, April 7, 2008

Quote of the Day

“The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do.”

- Walter Bagehot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt - I'm Heather Mercer's friend who has talked with Holly a little recently. One of our twin boys has spina bifida and your writing here has brought back so much of those early days...the emotional roller coaster...the good and the bad, the fear and the worry, but mostly the amazement we felt at how wonderful people were to us. It's great to see the outpouring of love and support you guys are receiving. It goes a long way.

I like your quote here, it made me want to share one that got me through a lot in those early days, and still does sometimes!

"If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it." This has been attributed to a lot of different people, not sure who really said it first. It was something I held onto pretty tightly during my pregnancy.

Our little family is praying for yours, and my mom has marshalled her sister and their entire Church to put you on their prayer list. It sure helped with Luke, so I know it will help with Annabelle too.