Yesterday, I traded vm with the neurosurgeon in LA. He was in and out of surgery all day but was very gracious in his voice mail and offered to be a resource for us and to help us walk through the process.
I called the medical group that we have had so many referrals to and they assured me that our insurance would work. Unfortunately, they said they needed a referral from our primary care group. After that, they would contact us within 24-48 hours to set up the appointment.
The wife called the primary medical group but it was already too late in the day and everyone but the receptionist had gone home.
The wife is going to call them again this morning to get that ball rolling.
More importantly, I went to Staples and bought a three ring binder!
Pathetic.
There is seemingly so little you can do that you start to grasp at anything.
I bought a three-ring binder with tabs so that I could start building a file of info, correspondence, records, etc.
You do what you can . . .
1 comment:
Children's Hospital in Seattle offers a free "Care Notebook." Hit the link for it. This will give you ideas for records to keep, and pages to print out for your notebook.
http://www.cshcn.org/resources/carentbk.cfm#Complete
Michelle
Post a Comment