This is the hard one.
I cannot tell you how much this blog has helped me. We have so many dear friends and friends of friends and prayer groups that are pulling for Annabelle that the blog is really the only way to keep everyone in the know.
Knowing that there are people who want news and updates causes me to think a little more about what we are going through and how we are feeling etc.
A week or so ago I stopped to consider that miracles were already happening.
I also could not avoid thinking about the "what ifs" and what miracles in that situation would look like.
Today is for hopes and dreams. Today's post is the one that made me well up with tears over beers with a friend this past weekend just thinking about it.
Today we beg for mercy. Today is hard one.
I believe that one of God's favorites tricks is to take the bad stuff and use it for good. We have acknowledged that God is already using this situation for good in the lives of so many. We have even acknowledged that God can use disabilities for miracles in the world as well.
But that is not the heart of a father.
I want to see my daughter crawl.
I want to see her standing in her crib in the morning calling for the family dawg.
I want to sit in wonder as she takes her first tentative steps.
I want to see her run out the front door squealing "Daddee!" when I come home from work.
I want to see her trudge off to her first day of school with new shoes and an over sized backpack.
I want to she her run and play with friends.
I want to come home some afternoon to find the music blaring and my wife and gawky braced-faced daughter dancing like dervishes, eating peanut butter out of the jar with their fingers and laughing.
I want my daughter to experience the thrill of getting her driver's license.
I want to see Annie walk down the red carpet to accept her diploma.
I want to walk her down the aisle and hand her off the man her heart longs for.
I covet a miracle for my daughter.
Please keep praying.
1 comment:
Oh Matt - you just break my heart sometimes. I think about the three of you all the time and I am so thankful that you share so much of your family and yourself.
Post a Comment