Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surgery Update - 3pm

First of all - we have now established that the surgery department has a "one size fits all" approach to diapers . . . goodness gracious that thing is HUGE . . .

We are all settled in our room now. We have a private room with a small TV and DVD player, our own bathroom complete with tub and shower and a little outdoor patio that I believe we share with the neighboring hospital room.

There is a chair that folds out to a bed and the second parent (if applicable) can bunk in a parent's unit down the hall. Of course everyone is friendly and helpful and we are getting wonderful care.

I know what you are thinking . . . . where did that crib come from?? Tim Burton's "You think your childhood was hard" Emporium?

I commented to the nurse when we are getting organized, "I bet this crib is REAL easy to clean . . ." She got the point and shot me an embarrassed look so I knew it was safe to drive-on-in . . . "Because I can't think of another reason why anyone would want a crib like this . . . "

"Yeah, we pressure wash them between patients . . ." She was kidding, of course.

She explained that the hospital was at capacity right now and that she tried to find a different crib but they are all full. She did mention that we were given a private room due to our situation and that some patients did not get private rooms.

We said "The crib looks great!"

4 comments:

Me said...

You guys are fantastic! I logged on to see the picture of Annabelle in her crib and it about broke my heart! To have to experience this all first hand...I just don't want to imagine that. Good work mom and dad! Good work!

Rutschow said...

Matthew, You guys are wonderful!
I love you the same (if not more) as I did 12 years ago when we met.
I will be down in Feb, and will let you know the details when it gets closer. Can't wait to see you all. Tell Holly HEY and kiss that baby for me. Love and blessings, Michele

lori said...

Wow - good to read these updates on the surgery. Loved the story of the panhandler.

You don't know me/us, but I've been following your story as I get a chance to. I found your blog through a friend and could never remember exactly how I got to it. Now that I see Michele's comment above, I remember! I know the Rutschows from college in Portland. Anyhow.

I am always uplifted by visiting your blog.

Take good care of you'uns.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me either - I've commented on the blog a few times :) thoughts for Annabelle's recovery - She is a real little trooper :)
GO Annabelle!