Sunday, January 11, 2009

On The Run - 1/10/9


3.01 mi / 40:11 min / 13:20 mpm

Yep, there's my phone - plugged into the charger right where I left it this morning. Which I guess brings up this week's menu:

- Chicken Bake (Mama Kess's recipe)
- Kitchen Sink Tuna Melts (One of my wife's specialties)
- Chili Potatoes (which we never made)
- Fish (which we never bought because I couldn't find any on sale)
- Easy Company Beef (Fix it and Forget it)
- Chicken in Wine (Fix it and Forget it)

Not that anyone would care, of course.

The trouble is, I always post a photo from my run and when I don't, I feel like I owe an explanation . . . so I take a photo of my phone where I left it but now the chalkboard is in the background so I feel I need to explain that . . . and now I am explaining why I am explaining so maybe we should all agree to just drop it . . .

*whew*

It's a real bummer too because there was a full moon this morning glimmering off the harbor . . .

The run felt pretty good this morning, even though my left knee is still sort of bothering me. It doesn't really hurt when I run - just a short time afterwards . . .

I also broke the 14 mpm mark! At 13:20 mpm, I would run a marathon in 5 hours 50 minutes, which is juuuuust a liiiitle outside my goal of under 4 hours . . .

Why four hours? Because why would anyone want to run longer than that?

Marathons are sort of funny that way, the people bringing up the rear of the pack at the 6 hour mark look at those who come in under 3 hours and wonder how anyone could possibly run that fast . . . .

The people leading the race who come in under 3 hours look at the back-of-the-packers and wonder how anyone could possibly run for that length of time.

Its a mutual admiration thing!

Anyway . . . I am having enough trouble with 3 miles so far . . . maybe it's all the crock-pot cooking . . .

No comments: