Today is an emotional one around the Linden house.
I am now back at work full time M-F. The wife left a full-time job and came back to a part time one so she is working about 3 days a week right now (one day being Saturday). Which leaves two days a week that we need child care for Annabelle.
Our dear friends, the Kesslers, have graciously offered to watch Annie two days a week and today is the very first day.
It seems odd to realize that Annabelle has been under either the care of myself or the wife 24 hours a day since we brought her home in August and there will come a moment this morning when my wife will drop Annie off at the Team Kess Acadamy, reach for their front door, pass through and close it. That will mark the very first minute that we have ever placed the care of little Annie-lu-who in someone else's hands.
Of course, this is a milestone all parents must face sooner or later.
For us, it is made easier by the fact that the entire Kessler family absolutely loves Annabelle. Momma Kessler home schools the three boys and I can't really think of a better possible situation than for Annabelle to be in a loving home where she is exposed to all sorts of lessons and activities (even if most of them are beyond her comprehension at this point).
So there it is - today is Annabelle Lucille's first day at "school".
Definitely a bittersweet morning.
If you are so inclined, say a prayer for my wife Holly. This ain't gonna be easy for her . . .
3 comments:
I cried reading your post this morning as I remembered the emotions of dropping my oldest off at the sitter (who was also a dear friend) for the first time. I certainly will be praying for both you and Holly today!
Riley was so excited that Annie was coming over this morning. I'm sure he'll be a great role model for his baby sister.
Thanks Daddy for your sweetness, and THANK YOU TEAM KESS!!! I'm hanging in there, and stealing a lunch time visit for the first day.
Post a Comment