So, I got RIFFed yesterday.
Reduction
In
Force
In other words, I lost my job.
Seriously, at this point, I expect to hear from the people over at Snopes any day now - calling to verify that our story is true . . .
Judging from our daily reports, my production numbers put me squarely in the middle of the pack in relation to the other folks who share my position. So why was I the lucky one? No telling.
As I mentioned before, our company is merging it's three San Diego brands into one and our entire management team was replaced by folks from one of the other brands. All I can say is they must have felt that letting me go was in the best interests of profitability.
Really no point in arguing or making it personal by holding a grudge. Chances are, if I remain in the industry, we will all be back working together at some other company 5-10 years down the road and as a wise person once said, "Don't step on the foot today that may be attached to the kiester you will need to kiss tomorrow."
So, I am on the hunt for a J-O-B. I have a smattering of ideas and I intend to make a valiant effort today. The wife and I have a theory - hunting for a job is twice as hard as having one. So when you are hunting for a job - you need to put in a solid four hours a day and then take the rest of the day for yourself or else your head will spin 360 and pop off.
I was talking with a doctor friend of mine a couple of weeks back and he asked me to do him a favor; "You always ask for prayer for Holly and Annabelle and everyone else but you never ask for prayer for yourself."
I hadn't really thought about it. I figured that I was so intrinsically tied up with all the prayer requests that I was in the prayer "splash zone" - close enough to get some on me.
"You need to ask for prayer for you specifically", my friend went on. "Tell them it's doctor's orders."
I said I would and of course never got around to it.
Well today I am asking.
Pray for me.
This all ain't as easy as it looks folks . . . .
5 comments:
Hey Matt,
Beat you to it! I was attacking the prayer line through my tears within seconds of reading Wendy's email last night. Am praying that God has something even better out there for your employment than you could imagine!
Nancy Kessler
You need to start wearing a cup to protect your yarbles. This is getting ridiculous.
I hope your search is short and fruitful, and that you can find a job that is less stressful and more stable. Hang in there.
OMG!
Just hang tight...this too shall pass. My mom says, "For every door that closes, another opens, but these hallways sure are a bitch!" You are always in our prayers!
Keep the faith!
Exodus 17:8-13
"The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim. Moses said to Joshua, "Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands."
So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword."
Matt - as you grow weary from the battles that rage before you, we have come beside you to hold up your hands for you and to put a solid, neverchanging stone under you until the day that you and Holly finally defeat the relentless attacks in your life and claim victory over all of these unbearable circumstances. The day of restoration and peace will come.
OH NOOOOOO!!!!!!! That is terrible! I'm soooo sorry Matt. I will totally be praying for you! Ugghh, stupid real estate! Don't they know how awesome you are?
Okay, sorry to be a downer. Will talk with you soon. Keep the faith, something good will be waiting. :)
Post a Comment