From today's reading: Judges 19-21, Ruth 1-4
But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."
- Ruth 1:16-17
Point of Interest:
Ruth was not an Israelite - she was a Moabite, and yet she is one of two women for whom a book of the Bible was named (the other is Esther).
In addition, Ruth is the great grandmother of the greatest king Israel ever had - King David from whom Mary, the mother of Jesus, was descended. Over and over again, we see throughout the Bible that God uses the underdogs, the weak and the outsiders to further his kingdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment