Sunday, July 27, 2008

Soul Food - 7/27/8

From Today's Reading: Psalm 89, 96, 100, 101, 105, 132, 2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17

Once you spoke in a vision,
to your faithful people you said:
"I have bestowed strength on a warrior;
I have exalted a young man from among the people.

I have found David my servant;
with my sacred oil I have anointed him.

My hand will sustain him;
surely my arm will strengthen him.

No enemy will subject him to tribute;
no wicked man will oppress him.

I will crush his foes before him
and strike down his adversaries.

My faithful love will be with him,
and through my name his horn will be exalted.

I will set his hand over the sea,
his right hand over the rivers.

He will call out to me, 'You are my Father,
my God, the Rock my Savior.'

I will also appoint him my firstborn,
the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
I will maintain my love to him forever,
and my covenant with him will never fail.

I will establish his line forever,
his throne as long as the heavens endure.


- Psalm 89:19-29

No comments: