So I started my new job yesterday!
Thank you to all those who have been praying and offering to shop my resume around!
I had three interviews last week followed by three offers (all Title and/or Escrow companies). Yesterday (while setting up my new office) I received a request for an interview from a fourth escrow company but had to decline as I had already sent out the mass e-mail to all my clients.
As I mentioned before, Escrow is something I seem to be wired for and good at - but it is not something I would consider a "gift".
So since this big old job-hunt ball is rolling I think I am going to continue to chase down every possible lead outside the title and escrow industry and see what comes of it. Maybe nothing. But you never know.
Aside from my dream job of being a stay-at-home dad, caring for the house and writing blockbuster best sellers (heh), I think the new gig is a good one.
It is a newer company filled with some of the most experienced people in the industry. It feels good to be surrounded on all sides by strong, competent people who are fired up to build a new business.
With the changes in the market being what they are, my base salary was cut in half but the commission structure is better. Providing I continue to bring in the amount of business I have been doing, I should actually come out ahead - so that is good.
And insurance benefits kicked in yesterday so we are covered! I haven't had the opportunity to comb through the nitty gritty of the coverage yet - if my old insurance has better coverage, we may just bite the bullet and pay to continue it for the time being.
So that's that (I reckon) - a new job with a new company full of great people - the opportunity to possibly make a couple extra bucks - and insurance coverage to boot.
Thanks again to all those who so fervently prayed for me during this time - it matters. I am so glad I don't have to introduce myself to Annabelle as her unemployed dad. ;-)
And by the way - if you hear of anyone that wants to pay me to stay home, raise the kid and write - let me know!
3 comments:
That is fantastic! Congrats on the new job!
BTW, your pictures are beautiful Holly! :)
And, El and I have the stay at home/being paid job already==it's called "retirement" and it's wonderful! :)
Nancy
Yay!! Way to go Dad!
Congratulations Matt!
Post a Comment