Well said
So, how did we spend the 4th? Mostly immobile.
We slept in, and had cinnamon rolls and egg scrambles on the new deck while talking in low, soft tones.
The wife filled out some thank you cards while our current house guest and I watched The Patriot.
After that I made what, in my mind, is a bonafied all-American July 4th lunch. . .
Take a humongous sausage, cut a slice in one side and jam it full of sharp cheddar cheese, wrap the whole thing in bacon and grill it up. Serve it with a bun, with some condiments and chips and you got yerself a big plate of happy! The wife was skeptical but even she had to admit that it was pretty good although more than one a year might actually kill a person.
After that? Nap time!
As the temperature continued to climb, the wife and I sought air-conditioned refuge at a screening of Wall-e. It was a good flick - visually stunning but plot-weak. I loved the picture of humans in the future and I didn't really sense much of the political undertones that has many people ranting (I am usually pretty sensitive to those sorts of things).
The message seemed pretty simple to me - don't trash the earth - get out from behind the computer screen every now and then and enjoy the world we have been given - hamburger shakes are a very bad dietary decision - I think we can all agree on that . . .
I did think it was pretty funny that the inter-galactic "ark" all of humanity was living on was called the "Axiom" a word defined as:
1. a self-evident truth that requires no proof.
2. a universally accepted principle or rule.
3. Logic, Mathematics. a proposition that is assumed without proof for the sake of studying the consequences that follow from it.
Hmmmm . . . .
By the time we returned home it was too late to start dinner so we sat in the living room while our 90lb dawg cowered in my lap for an hour due to the noise of the neighborhood fireworks.
We didn't even get up the gusto to walk out side and take a look around. We were beat. We needed rest. And that's exactly what we got.
All in all a good 4th - even if it wasn't very "fourthy" - maybe we will make up for it next year!
1 comment:
okay so you failed to mention to me earlier today what you ate for lunch on the 4th. It sounds delicious! (probably becuase I'm hungry right now) Im going to need to try it pronto. Maybe Im more excited about it because today we bought a brand new BBQ! Our first one ever! Im so excited!
Post a Comment