I got home around 11am on Saturday, putzed around for an hour and then took the dawg to dawg beach. We came home and I put in Guns, Germs and Steel. It's a National Geographic series that seeks to explain why some cultures have become so powerful while others have not.
I fell asleep.
But not because of the movie - I am just whipped from the long week at work.
Fortunately, I woke up in time to meet up with friends at The Linkery for dinner.
Sunday morning was spent watching CBS. They had a story about Chuck Feeney - a billionaire who took 5 million of his money to live on and GAVE AWAY THE OTHER 8 BILLION to people in need.
"Feeney, concluded Dwyer, was what Donald Trump would be if he lived his entireAfter that I put the finishing coat on the new mantel for the fireplace, we ran some errands, picked up the house and had a couple of buddies over who helped me pick up the book shelf we bought last weekend at an antiques store for the nursery.
existence backward. "
The wife stayed up last night digging out some of our children's books and some heirlooms from both our childhoods (click on photo for close up).
The brown walls will eventually be painted - as well as the book shelf. I imagine that any heirlooms we don't want destroyed will eventually have to be put out of reach. But still . . .
The two little dolls on the right-hand side are Holly and Heather Hobby Dolls that my wife and her sister used to play with. Next to those is a drawing in a black frame done by my wife's grandfather who passed away. The bear in the green jumper below was made for my wife by her grandmother who is turning 90 this year. On top of the book shelf (out of the photo) is one of my favorite pot-bellied bears from childhood - you get the picture. It gives me a little bit of a wispy feeling to see it all.
And now we have a place to put all the crap that we are beginning to accumulate . . .
Not bad for $50.
2 comments:
Makes me teary. Thanks so much buddies!!
Let me know when you're ready to baby-proof. I got some guys that can find all the breakables and corners.
Post a Comment