Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday

Sweet, Sweet Friday.

Casual Day.

If you work in a place where "casual day" is something to look forward to . . . well, I feel your pain.

3 weeks ago all H.E. double hockey-sticks broke loose with the new job, new pregancy and what-not. I have pretty much been red-lining it ever since.

Yesterday, the new job brought in someone to help me out. She is just "temporary" but it is someone I have worked with before and have faith in so I plan on rolling into the office today at the late hour of 7:30am or so (as opposed to 3:45am).

And it's casual day - did I mention casual day?

On the baby-front (and believe me, I have just about maxed myself out on the baby front - "booo baby") there is little-to-nothing more I can do. I have read what needs to be read, signed up for a couple of e-mail newsletters and enlisted the help and advice of friends with children (sounds like a 12-step support group "Hi, my name is Joe, and I have been a father for 2 1/2 years now . . . ." . . . (group) "Hi, Joe.")

At this point it is take it day-by-day, weed through all the advice and roll with it.

So the job is settling down, the prego-panic is at an ebb - now on to the house.

It's raining. It won't stop raining. IT WON'T FRIGGIN' STOP RAINING! The good thing about the rain is all those outside weekend chores get wiped right off the list.

I plan on picking up the book shelves we purchased last week (If I can find a pick-up or trailer).

I plan on finishing the mantel piece (not including the crown molding).

I plan on getting through some paperwork, voice mail, e-mail and snail mail.

I plan on picking up the house.

Maybe a little reading time by the fire . . . smoking pipe in hand.

NO! YOU CAN'T SMOKE IN THE HOUSE! YOU WILL KILL YOUR UNBORN BABY!

Fine. Maybe a little reading time on the back deck. In the rain. Bundled up from the cold. Smoking pipe in hand . . .

These kids I tell you, they change your life . . .

There you have it. I am coasting into this weekend on nothin' but fumes. But sometimes it feels good to coast . . .

And tomorrow night we are going back to The Linkery with friends! Cask-conditioned Victory-at-Sea, here I come! (Picture a beer made from chocolate cake, Starbucks and Guinness !) Woo Hoo!

No comments: