Sweet, Sweet Friday.
Casual Day.
If you work in a place where . . .
Wait a second, that's how we started last Friday and look where it led . . .
Nevertheless, it is Friday. And I am hopeful for the weekend.
I finished the main part of the mantel last weekend so this weekend it is all about the crown molding. I have no idea how to do crown molding. From what I gather, you have to cut it a 45 degree angel at a 45 degree angle (that's not a typo) - up-side-down. Then you use the pneumatic nail gun to attach it. I don't have a pneumatic nail gun.
Oh well - we will give it the ol' college try.
Also on tap for the weekend? Yard work (which I enjoy). We also plan on going to church.
In Seattle, we had a church that we loved which has made it all the more difficult to find a church that is a good fit here in San Diego. For the past 5 years our church attendance has been sporadic at best and now the pressure is on to find a "church home". Why all the pressure? The BABY, of course!
We want our child to grow up with a strong spiritual foundation and church is just the thing. I don't believe that this is something that the wife and I can fully impart to our child on our own. Sure, we can teach our child to be a socially acceptable "good person", we can pray with our child and model Christian adulthood, but that's just the thing . . .
I don't want to be "the" spiritual model for my child - because I am basically a rotter and I want something more for my child. I want Christ to be the model. Sure, I can model what it is like to imperfectly pursue Christ-like-ness - but I want my child to be in touch with the source.
I am sure that we will have family devotions and run through the Bible stories and all. But it is different when your child gets spiritual direction not only from the home but from adults whom they spend time with outside the home.
I also want my child to develop friendships with peers in a setting centered around God and love and over-all betterment. I want my child to dress up once a week - memorize bible verses in exchange for cheap little goodies that double as choking hazards - sing in the children's choir - Go to church camps.
So, church it is.
We probably don't really need to settle on a church until the critter is 1 or 2 for the critter's sake but I would like to be established and at home in a church by the time the child is able to look around start making judgements.
So there it is. Weekend, come and get it!
2 comments:
You forgot to mention in your weekend activities how you're going to wash the dog. Because if you don't , the Baby and I are moving out.
Oh yeah, I forgot - I have to wash the stank off the dawg.
Post a Comment