Tuesday I began work at 3:45am and got home around 5:15pm. Not much to say except that I have already read 1/4 way through the "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" book and have started the excel spread sheet on all the things we need to do, decide and buy. Oi.
After work, we met up with friends at a great restaraunt called The Linkery.
On the way to the restaraunt, I explained to our friends that if we ever start going overboard with all the "baby talk" that they need to just tell us to "Shut up" about it. To which a friend in the backseat replied "Boooo Baby". We laughed all night about it.
The Linkery is a restaraunt in North Park that specializes in organic food from local farms. They make their own sausages (Hence, the name) and they have an impressive beer and wine list. I ordered some fancy sausages and played it safe by ordering a beer I have had before:
My Seattle buddy, Sean, ordered a Victory at Sea made by the Ballast Point Brewery.
It tastes like chocolate cake distilled into beer. FANTASTIC!
The restaraunt was shwanky, the food and drink was great, the company wonderful . . . until . . . the conversation turned to the outrage of us not being able to get in to see the Dr. until March 14th.
As it turns out, the wife and I are amongst the last of our social circle to have children. Apparantly, the wife had talked to a number of our friend-mothers who had all expressed shock and horror at us not getting to the Dr. sooner. Occasionally, people at the table would turn and look to me for comment - I had none.
"The receptionist said we didn't have to go in right away", I meekly explained.
Boooo Baby.
I had reached baby overload. The meal being finished, we were just waiting for our check. I left the duty of payment to the wife and excused myself to let the dawg out of the car and stretch his / our legs.
It was resolved that the wife would call the Dr. again the next day and attempt to reschedule.
2 comments:
I would've made the appointment MYSELF, but was around my BOSS all the time, who I had not yet told.
Boo will be the nickname of the little one for sure.
Post a Comment