Remember how I was extolling the virtues of casual Friday followed by a rainy weekend of putzing around the house and possibly some reading time?
It's 4:23 am and I am posting this from my office . . .
Things went crazy at work yesterday afternoon.
The fax machine lit up and never stopped.
The e-mails exploded.
People were leaving voice mails while I was retrieving my voice mails.
At one point I was e-mailing one client while talking with a second client on the phone all while a third client sat patiently in front of my desk awaiting his turn.
It got to the point that I no longer had time to work, all I could do was print e-mails and sort faxes into the correct files and stack the files in my "to do" pile.
Then it got really busy.
I didn't have time to grab files anymore, all I could do is scribble on post-its and stack them on a corner of my desk . . .
Around 2pm, I realized my Saturday was being taken from me and it put me in a foul mood.
But when I stop and think about it, there are plenty of people in my industry who have been laid off and would jump at the chance to come into the office on a Saturday.
It's just hard to get excited about having a job at 4:23am on a Saturday . . .
Why 4:23 on a Saturday morning? BECAUSE I NEED A SATURDAY. I woke up at 3:30am and thought, just get in there, get it done and spend the afternoon doing what you want to . . .
I can't miss another day off - I think I would spontaneously combust . .
No comments:
Post a Comment