Monday, February 18, 2008

For the One You Love

= Post Posted=

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I was still working 3:45am to 5pm but by Wednesday afternoon, it looked like the worst was over.

About 90% of my clients have decided to switch to the new company with me which is about as good as anyone can hope for. Being at the new company, I have already picked up a couple of new clients as well so it looks like the move will be a successful one.

That's when the sickness hit me.

I don't get sick often but when I do it usually comes on hard and fast and leaves just as quickly - 24 hours of increasing sickness, another 24 hours of full-blown misery, followed by 24 hours of mending. By Wednesday afternoon, I felt like I had the mother of all colds. But tomorrow is Valentine's Day! What to get for the expectant mother?

My new office is near a shopping mall so I thought I would walk the mall in search of ideas. I had a couple of things in mind but I was willing to be persuaded . . .

I ended up buying some flowers (duh), a card addressed to "Mom" and a picture frame that swivels. A photo of us went in one side and I converted the ultrasound of the critter into a photo for the other side. It was a big hit.

The wife bought me a card with a little stressed out cartoon on the front along with Belgian Beer and chocolate ice cream. I could not have been happier.



Actually we both would have been happier if we weren't completely sick. We had Mexican take-out for dinner.



Here is what your 16th Valentine's day looks like when you pick the right woman . . .

No comments: