Wednesday, February 20, 2008

HealthWeb

The dawg is sick. I came home from work yesterday and was greeted by the usual wags and licks and general state of ecstatic "human is home!" puppy-joy.

We went out into the yard and played fetch for a while and everything seemed fine.

Later in the evening he started whining and ended up puking three or four times in the yard.

He wouldn't eat any treats we put down for him and he lay on his bed in front of the fireplace and did some shivering.

I sat on the floor next to him and tried to comfort him as best I could.

We spent some time at the dawg park on Monday and as far as I can tell, it looks like he got a case of dawggie flu from one of the other mutts.

I don't even know if there is such a thing but I don't see why not.

He stood up in the middle of the night last night and puked on his bed so we had to get up and do some dealing with that.

It's 4am and I am about to head into the office. The dawg is on his bed next to the computer desk and he seems to be fine.

I tried to google dawg vomit but I couldn't find any info that was helpful. If anyone has any hints on a good dawg-health website, I would be greatful.

The wife will be with him until 8:30am or so this morning and I will come home around 11am to check on him.

So there is that.

The wife is having insomnia - which is wierd because the pregnancy is making her more tired during the day. She just can't sleep at night.

So I googled that. I actually did find some helpful info here. Which I will point the wife to.

Once we add a baby to the mix, the trifecta will be complete.

I can see it all now . . . 3:30am - sitting at the computer in my work clothes, busily searching for answers to questions like "How big a rock is too big? Questions about your dawg's digestive system" followed by "How big a fall is too big? Questions on your baby's cranial development" followed by "How soon is too soon? Questions on having a second child" . . . and so on.

Oi - I gotta get to work . . .

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, B-Boy! I hope you are better soon!! This is one of the few times I wish animals could speak, to tell us what hurts.

jW said...

Puking dog vs. screaming baby. I know which one I would rather have in my home. But your dawg won't smile at you when you get home...

Holly said...

He actually does. But I know it's not the same...