
While visiting my in-laws Washington state over the Christmas holiday, my father-in-law suggested this book.
I read it in three sittings.
It is the story of Mac Phillips, father of 5 children, the youngest of which is abducted and murdered during a family camping trip.
3 1/2 years later, a note appears in his mailbox inviting him to return to the dilapidated shack in the mountains where the evidence of his daughter's death was discovered. The note appears to be from God.
This is an excellent read for people of all faiths or lack thereof. William P. Young uncovers the true heart of a loving God in the midst of a world of pain and tragedy.
I believe that most people who read this book will come away changed.
Highly recommended.
UPDATE:
Here is a review from VFMG on the same book.
2 comments:
I just read this book....and thought I need to share this with my brother! He beat me to it! It comes the closest to what I believe about God/Goddess/Jesus/Spirit! Always knew there was more information than the rules and regulations of institutions. Beautifully written and fascinatingly riveting. Auntie Joye
Shane just finished it and I am in the middle of it! Lookin forward to the redemptive part, such a tragic sad story.
Post a Comment