Unfortunately, once again in a display of utter disregard for my personal schedule, the early morning feeding routine had gone catty-wampus and I did not get the chance to get out the door for a run before the wife left.
No matter, I will just load the wee one into the stroller and head out. Of course, it's just a regular stroller and not a jogger but I figured I would stick to smooth surfaces and we would make due.
I searched for the ipod only to remember that it was in the car which the wife had taken to work. No matter, I will just take my watch and head out for 30 minutes - we will make due.
I looked for the dawg leash and realized that it was also in the car. Hmmmm . . . well we have come this far, let's not let the absence of a leash stop us now. We will MAKE DUE.
Strike up the banjo, Cletus! Opie is takin' his dawg fer a walk!
You can almost hear him saying, "Umm, you're doing it wrong . . ."And so we headed out.
That's when I realized that the wife had inadvertantly taken all three of the house keys with her. And here I was taking our security system for a run . . .
Making due here - left the house unlocked and hoped for the best . . .
A few blocks away we found a park where I could let the dawg run off "leash" while the wee one and I lapped the pathways for 20 minutes or so.
The dawg stopped to do his thing and I remembered that I had forgotten the all-important blue bags. I searched the trash cans and found an empty Fritos bag. WE WILL MAKE DUE!!
We all returned from our inaugural dawg, dad, wee-one run safe and sound.
That's when the toilet tank decided to flood the bathroom.
By the time mom got home we were all hungry, cranky and tired.
But at least we got a run in . . .
4 comments:
Just wait, you won't NEED to go out to run pretty soon, you'll be doing it all at home. That little one will be in the laundry basket, chewing on the dog toys and feeding him your cereal, cleaning out the kitchen drawers, and eating your books. She'll keep you running!
Welcome to the world of being a stay-at-home-parent. Nothing ever goes like you think it will -- keeps you on your toes. People will comment to you how it must be nice it is to stay home all day and do whatever you want -- they never get it unless they've done it themselves. It will be even more interesting as Annabelle starts becoming active. Good job on making do -- something you'll be doing a lot in the weeks to come!
I have picked up poo with Doritos bags and to-go coffee lids. I have picked up poo with two sticks, precariously wobbling all the way to the trash can with my poo-tongs. I have leashed the dog with a 10' surf board strap and I have leashed 3 dogs on one leash because I forgot to bring extras. Heck yeah, you make it happen! I'm glad you are calling this time a vacation, even though there are no palm trees and plane rides involved, and probably not enough Corona. When I went to the hospital to deliver Jordan I referred to it as my Spa Getaway. I figured, hey, someone is bringing me three meals a day, changing my sheets, and there's cable. And I WON'T BE WORKING. So it's all in how you look at the situation. Because despite my 29 hours of labor and waking every 2 hours to nurse, it was--and this is--one of the best times I've ever had.
Now that is what I call a run! Awesome!!
Post a Comment