Friday, January 4, 2008

Oops, I Did It Again


I may be the only person alive who knows next to nothing about the lady pictured above. The title of the post came to me as it will make perfect sense once I get to the actual subject matter (below).

I thought it would be funny to post her picture as this is probably the last place on earth you would expect to see it. I initially did a google search for "Britney Houston" and ended up with a variety of results. I was also reminded that it is "Whitney Houston" and "Britney Speares" and they are two totally different people. I knew that. Really.

I don't know what has been going on with this gal, but judging from the photos that popped up in google images, there has been some troubled waters - something about a guy named Kevin, a baby, a bad haircut and some truly sleazy outfits. I actually had to crop the photo above to make it a little more family-dawg friendly.

Now that I think about it, I hope the quote in my blog title refers to something relatively innocent and isn't lifted from the middle of a song that encourages all sorts of personal and societal destruction. It's the only line of hers I know . . .

But I digress . . . .

The wife and I were watching a movie last night and I heaved my carcass out of the chair by the fireplace, stepped on the dawg's bed and went DOWN! Like a ton of bricks - my right ankle swelling up to a truly impressive size.

That's when the shivers hit. Uncontrollable, body-wrenching, spasms. To a lessor degree, the same thing happened on Halloween when I rolled the same ankle. I asked someone about it and they said it was a form of shock. Your body freaks out to deal with the sudden rush of pain.

So there I lay, uncontrollably convulsing in agony. The wife got the ice pack and spent the rest of the night playing wet-nurse. It is totally infuriating (for me) I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the wife.

Oops, I did it again.

It's no wonder I find running so difficult I can't even navigate my own home at walking speed . . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no comment.

Anonymous said...

It's actually Britney SPEARS homie...get it right...lol

Sean said...

Damn it man! This has to be rediculously frustrating.

SeanH said...

Sound like it's not your running that's the problem... It's your standing.

Jenn said...

A) I'm really glad this wasn't a (really) a post about Britney, heard one too many things about that freak lately.
And 2) DAMMIT MAN! I'm so sorry. What the H-E double toothpick?!?!