Guest Blogging by "The Wife". I am here filling in for "the mutt" as he is back to getting up at 3am and getting to the office around 5am (and falling asleep on the couch by 8pm).
Both my boys woke up swingin' last night.
We were watching a movie (Tea with Mussolini - I highly recommend it) and we decided to take an intermission which startled the dawg who was peacefully sleeping by the fire.
He jumped up growling at nothing in particular. It was just like a person talking in their sleep; "Wha? Huh? I'll fight ya!" Pretty funny.
Well, it must have been in the air because when I decided to head for bed, the husband was already there asleep, as per usual. When I crawled in, he sat straight up and declared, "I'm the captain of the ship!"
I responded, "You are?" (I like to encourage the talking in the sleep. It's so entertaining)
"Yup", and then he flopped back down.
Sooo tough. Well, "Aye, Aye, Captain!"
Dawg on one side curled up on his bed, the "Captain" on the other. I laughed myself to sleep feeling "Oh, so protected" between them.
Them's m'boys.
3 comments:
Sounds like the Linden treasure cave is well protected!
What a pair that mutt and dawg are.
Best blog all week!
Post a Comment