Unfortunately, I am also somewhat obsessive-compulsive. I can get chores and errands done quickly and efficiently so long as conditions are right, the planets are in alignment and the wind is blowing from the south.
This weekend, we were promised the storm of the century! Not in 20 years had we received as much rain as was barreling our way at the tail-end of the week. The heavens were going to open and a whole 2 1/2 inches was going to pour forth. Parents were advised to huddle with their children in the hallway or bathtub with mattresses over them should the whole house come crashing down around them from the sheer enormity of 2 1/2 whole inches! of rain! from the sky!
Here is what the sky looked like this morning:


It looked that way most of yesterday as well. It was a beautiful opportunity to get out and do some yard work. Too late - the OCD part of me had already accepted the fact that the weekend was going to be rained out and I couldn't bring myself to make the switch. I ran errands and retreated from the beautiful day just as if it were the storm of the century.Goofed around and watched a movie (review below).
Plans for today? Why, CBS Sunday Morning and a pot of coffee with eggs and breakfast meat of course. After that spit-and-polish will be the order of the day in preparation for dinner guests.
No comments:
Post a Comment