I woke up this morning and felt like I was filled with lead.
Look! Down on the ground! It's a man-hole cover! It's a corpse! No. IT'S LEAD-MAN!
I mumbled in the dark to the wife, "I am supposed to run today." She mumbled back, "Can't you skip it? Sleep in."
"I am supposed to run today" I thought aloud. Feet on the deck - let's get it over with.
I had planned on benching the dawg today as he totally lagged on Friday but he shadowed me all morning - put his head in my lap and gazed up at me.
Ohallright - get in the car! I drove to the marina and parked at the north end.

The marina loop is about 3 miles which seems to be the point at which the wind goes out of his sails. We ran the 3 and I dropped him off at the car with a bowl of water and finished out my run solo along harbor drive.
My right IT band reminded me that it was there and I discovered a new pain in my right heel that I pray is not the dreaded plantar fasciitis.
It would figure though, I seem to be destined to run the entire gauntlet of running injuries.
So why do I rise in the dark every other day or so to run when I could be snug-as-a-bug? Because that's how stubborn and obnoxious I am
No comments:
Post a Comment