This may come as a surprise to you but I don't actually invent the recipes that I post here.
Not only that, I don't even cook all the recipes that I post here. I mean, seriously, who has the time to try a new recipe every two or three days or so?
I subscribe to a recipe service that e-mails me one recipe every day. I pass on the ones that look interesting along with their stock photo and description.
Well, last night we made this recipe.
The tip off should have been when I was pouring ginger ale into a pan of ham, brown sugar and pineapple. I remarked to the wife, "This is not a serious recipe! What teenager came up with this? This is what kids make when they are all out of the fixin's for English muffin pizzas."
We popped it in the oven and I must admit that it did smell good. A little too sweet, but good. Unfortunately, that's the best I can say about this truly horrid recipe.
It must have been the ginger ale because I have had ham with brown sugar and pineapple before. There must be something about the ginger ale that completely destroys perfectly good ham.
Have you ever bitten into a mealy apple? Try a mealy ham. At one point the wife actually spit some out. The whole thing went in the trash.
Maybe I did it wrong. I don't see how as there was only four ingredients.
Apparently, you can't cook ham in ginger ale. Who knew?
Tomorrow, orange juice and milk smoothies for that great creamsicle taste!
2 comments:
Get me some ipakak!
I'm not going to comment on these recipes any more. They're self-evident!
Post a Comment